“The Fire of God”
Scripture Reference: Genesis 15: 6-11, 17-18, Hebrews 12:29
Introduction: Several times in Scripture God revealed himself as fire.
I. Covenant Love on fire (Genesis 15: 17-18)
II. The Burning Bush (Exodus 3:2-6)
- A God of miracles (Exodus 3:2)
- Holy, not harmful (Exodus 3:2,5, Matthew 3:12)
III. A Pillar of Fire (Exodus 13:21)
- Light (Acts 26:18)
- Protection (Exodus 14:20, Luke 10:19)
IV. A Call to Commitment (I Kings 18:20-24, 37-39)
- Hesitation is dangerous. (I Kgs. 18:21, 39)
- God’s enemies eliminated. (I Kgs. 18:40, Heb. 10:27, II Pet. 3:10, 12-13)
V. A Baptism of Fire (Matthew 3:11, Acts 2:3)
- All disciples need a baptism of fire. (Acts 2:3)
- The Baptism with the Holy Spirit accomplishes everything “the fire of God does in our lives.
Conclusion: When God sets the church on fire, the world will come to watch us burn.